oh!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Board to death.

I think it's safe to say I'm terrible at Trivial Pursuit. But I would like to know for certain.

I randomly selected a card and I'm going to test myself. I'm officially inviting you along for the ride. Aaaaaaaaaand here we go:

1. What country is the Helvetian Republic? Hmmm.. Good question. But here's a better question: How did I grab such a sucky card right off the bat?! Is that a baseball term? I guess it is, and that it has something to do with where you end up, as a batter, once your ball comes to a stop.

Funny. There's a better question, and one that's more fun to ask people. "Where do you want to be when your ball comes to a stop?" Maybe that's not a good question, because people would just say "I'd like to be there right next to that ball if at all possible." Idiots. That's not the point of the question. You know what I mean? Of course you want to be there right next to the ball. Unless, of course, you don't like your ball and you were trying to lose it or just separate from it in the first place. If that's the case, then it was a good question, because it would reveal a lot about you, the person. Deep dark revelations. I mean, we're talking straight up Book of Revelations, type stuff.

So I guess it's more of a question to weed out the people with ball issues. Unless, you liked those people, then I guess it would be a question to weed out the regular, ball liking people. I think what we learned here is that that age old question really has no moral bias against either group of people. It is a just and fair question, and really, when you think about it, it's one not asked frequently enough.

So, that is my challenge to you. Get out there, and ask people about where they would like to be in 10, 20 or 50 years, in relation to their own ball.

You can't just glide through life.



Switzerland?!.. are you kidding me? No wonder I don't play this game.

2 comments:

  1. Along with trivial pursuit, I'm guessing baseball isn't your game either ;)
    I think the goal is actually to be crossing home base when the ball stops (therefore you would want to be as far away as possible). And 'off the bat' is from hitting the ball in exactly the right spot on the bat where it fly's 'right off the bat'... unless of course your 'ball' is a different metaphor completely- in which case- where do you want to be in relation to 'your' ball!?

    ReplyDelete