oh!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Chapter 6

I feel like this just might be a chapter.

I finally did some writing today.

It was very painful, and it took a long time to do it, but I think at the end of the day, I'm going to look back, and be very proud of myself. A day well spent.

I was hoping to do it in the morning. But I had to check out a couple of really important things on facebook, like: anything somebody had commented or posted on another profile.

You know. You kind of can't get your day started without that caliber of information. It's just going to nag you all day.

I've also experimented with more spacing. I don't want my blogs to look like the back of medicine containers. You know how they just go on and on listing certain types of chemicals. Does anybody really read that. Actually, what am I talking about. I do. I like to read things. Like when I'm mixing up a protein shake. I like to see exactly how much water I'm supposed to add to a given amount of product. My brothers make fun of me for it, but I really want to know what it's SUPPOSED to taste like. I want to see what these guys have done with all their fancy testing devices and measuring sticks. I want to experience it, as it was designed to be tasted. Then again, maybe I'm giving these guys too much credit. For all I know, they are guessing on that stuff. You know who else does that? The people that make the Trader Joe's Post-Stickers. The back of the bag says to put 2 Tablespoons of oil in a pan and cook the suckers for 1 minute on medium. Then, you put 3 more Tablespoons of water in there, cover it, and cook it for 5 minutes on a low heat. I followed it exactly and guess what?! They're all soggy! I mean, what's the point of browning them if we're just going to get them soggy?! Idiots! So guess what?! I broke all sorts of rules and kept cooking it AFTER 5 minutes were up. Yeah. I even let the water evaporate... I kind of felt bad for that part. But guess what else?! They turned out pretty good. It made me think: How do these clowns know how I like my pot-stickers?! They never asked me?!.. I would have said "Not soggy." This was a case of being led astray by the package, which doesn't normally happen though. One time I was doing my over-reading, and I came across something that seemed sort of important. Actually, I don't remember if I read it on the package or just an article somewhere, but it said to be really careful when taking cold medicine. Sometimes people drink it and feel better, so they think if they take more, they'll feel even better. Seems to make sense, but apparently, if you take more than the prescribed amount, you can experience total liver failure and die, which is probably worse than the original cough they have. You know, the other thing that bugs me (apparently there are only 2 things) is the portions of food you get at restaurants. I always feel like I need to eat all the food on my plate. Like, that's how you know you're done: After you've eaten the proper amount of food, so that the food is not wasted. I think the food is wasted as soon as it's being committed to being cooked for you. After that, it's just a matter of you deciding how much of it you want inside of you for sustenance, and how much extra you want as lard packed on your body. Maybe it's just me, but I feel obligated to eat it all, so I'm not wasteful. Somehow I'm doing my part better if I can pack it around my bells. Seems like I pretty consistently do my part.

Crap. My blog looks like medicine contents.

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up! Thanks. I used to not start my day until I did important FB work too, but now, I have to read you too.

    Um...I even "get it", and I'm going to work on changing those behaviors I share with you.

    So, I hope you have a good day and your liver doesn't fail and kill you.

    ReplyDelete