oh!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Section 4

I'm sticking with sections.

I know I had a bad experience when I first switched from Chapters, but I really think that this entry is going to be short but sweet. There are a few reasons for that: 1. It's late. I don't know how well I'm thinking at this point. 2. I have to get up in very few hours. I got called by my agents in L.A. for an audition for tomorrow.

Marsha wasn't too happy that I am still in Utah, and she, like always, questions my seriousness and dedication. It sounds like a good spot. ... Those dots just there, mark a change in thought, and I felt it only fair that I express it on the page. Let me explain:

I was about to mention what the audition was for, but then I remembered that it might be bad luck or something to talk about it. That's what people say anyway. You just have to go on those things and just forget about them, seeing as how this business is full of rejection, and you just have to kind of accept it, not take it personal, and kind of count on a certain amount of it. Not to sound pessimistic, but it's the nature of the beast. There are really too many factors in each audition to really take any of it personally. Then there's when people know about it and they ask you about it later. It's another friendly reminder that you didn't get that part. And it's even worse if it's not a cool part, and it was some dorky money making role that you just wanted. When people feel bad for you for those ones, it's really awkward. I guess it's not so much bad luck, and just a preemptive strike on lost of awkward moments. I've had a lot of those.

It's an audition for an Audi commercial. I'm supposed to be a cop. Yeah. That's right. It's a different kind of California-hippie-beard possibly wearing Cop. Sounds about right.

I'm excited about the artistic challenge ahead of me.

Wish me a broken leg!

5 comments:

  1. Best wishes for a broken leg and no post audition awkward moments! I always took the rejections personally; I guess that's why I'm a schoolteacher now. ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo, it was an audio commercial? Doesn't that mean you could have just phoned it in? I hope you broke the crap out of that leg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HaHa.. too bad I went back and fixed the spelling. You can do that on these things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you already have a totally sweet cop mustache hidden under all that facial hair!!

    ReplyDelete