oh!

Friday, January 8, 2010

Poetry


Why not.

I look at this blog as a safe place.

A place where I can try new things.

Without fear.

It's ok to make a mistake.

To fail.

In fact, I've heard it said that if you aren't failing, then you're not trying hard enough.

I look at my life in awe, sometimes, when I realize all things I must be trying really hard at.

Working out. I guess I can tone down the effort on that one.

Writing that screenplay. I finally came up with a script idea that has me excited. It's been weeks since I've done that.

Well, I was excited about it. Now it's kind of boring, and I'm beginning to see that it wasn't that great of an idea. Time for a new one...

So I guess, I should try a little less hard at screenwriting.

What else...

Cleaning my room. I'm trying too hard there.

Doing my laundry.

Doing my taxes.

Returning phone calls.

Man. I didn't realize how exhausted I am.

I'm going to need some me time.



Wow. That was a pretty poem. I'm a poet! Officially now. Right? If you write one poem, then I guess you are. It's weird, because I don't feel like I know that much about it. You know? I mean, I have the spacing down, but my rhyming could use a little work. Oh well. I guess that's what next time if for.

I still feel like I have more to give. I know. Something more traditional:

Oh! Friday night!
You are a cruel mistress!
Caring not who I see you with.
Dressed in cold and windy clothing.
You make me wear my scarf,
when you know how I feel about scarves.
You abandon me, yet I hear your voice
mingled with those of strange men.
But, how can I blame you?
You are not my mistress.
I just wish you were.
In a creepy way.



3 comments:

  1. who the hell is Jesse Lover? This is Jillian. weird. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a better question is, who is Jesse?... at some point you chose that as your signature...

    glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete