oh!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Orange juice.

My faith in humanity was restored again. And it is due to an orange juice my friend was drinking.

It's 2010. We are now officially living in the future. I suppose I have no 'authority" or "government post" which would allow me to make such declarations, but I don't care. Desperate times and all that jazz. And since I never use my God given power for a "Citizen's Arrest", I just used it to make that announcement.

Actually, that raises some good questions. How come we were never properly trained in the procedure of a citizen's arrest? When would one be appropriate? And, if it's so dangerous, are there any "Citizens Doughnuts" available? You know they say use it or lose it. Well, I'm just saying, you better not get all illegal around me from now on. All the regulars, or "cops", as I called them before this last paragraph, are usually pretty busy. I know, because I was pulled over last month, and given a citation for registration. The person who's car I was driven, had neglected to pay it. It's not really important to figure out "why" he or she hadn't paid, or taken care of it for so long. In fact, I think it's best if we just kind of gloss over this, clearly, accidental mishap, and look at all the good qualities that this person has. Qualities like: good blog writer. (maybe. I guess we don't know for sure) and good car driver. Registered OR non-registered.

Anyway, I feel like our scientists over the last several years have kind of dropped the ball. I've seen depictions of what it's supposed to be like for us these days, and it's a little depressing. We're not even CLOSE! I don't know if I should be mad at our inventors, or the scientists. They both need a good long talking to!

As I was saying, I was feeling a little down by the rate of technological advancement when my buddy shows up with an orange juice box. He pulls off the straw, and it's looks a little short. That teeny straw was putting a smile on my face, when my buddy looks closer and sees that the concept of that simple straw, had finally evolved. It's like and old pirate ship scope or a little light saber or something. It extends into double it's length. Pretty awesome. Here's the thing: I was pretty convinced that everything related to the human straw had been invented, when out of blue, I get blindsided by it's greatness. I thought they had outdone themselves in the straw world when they made the bendy. It was a thing of beauty, never to be rivaled.

Never say never! Apparently.

3 comments:

  1. one time ben was arrested by a citizen. the cops came and hauled him away and stuck him in the heber jail until they realized he was only 17. oops.

    ben also likes orange juice.

    ben should read your blog.

    p.s. here is the problem with those extendable straws. if your kid grabs your drink they will always somehow collapse the straw and then push the straw down, down, down into the juice box where it is pretty much unretrievable. and that sucks. (ha! get it? sucks... straw...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you say "human straw" my mind does not go straight to "straws used by humans to drink beverages." it goes to "straws made from humans" and THEN to "straws used by humans to drink beverages."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. Seems like a totally normal, healthy, non-sociopathic question.

    ReplyDelete